Kyoto CT Whole Body Phantom
A unique, life size whole body phantom for CT provides a variety of educational application as well as visual evaluation in finding out optimal scanning conditions. The phantom can also be used for plain X-ray, showing life-like images.
No metal parts or liquid structure are used.
Main joints have close-to human articulation, allowing various positioning for training.The phantom can be disassembled into 10 parts.Improved shoulder joint system enables PBU-60 to take arm-up position.Organs are anatomically correct and have appropriate HU numbers.
- Shoulders: rotate through a full 360 degrees in the sagittal plane, approx. 180 degrees to side-ways
- Hip joints: rotate forward up to approx. 90 degrees, then abduct up to 45 degrees each
- Knees: bend up to approx. 90 degrees
- Elbows: bend up to approx. 90 degrees
- The phantom can be held in the supine frog leg position.
- The limbs and head are detachable at joints and neck for wider applications.
- The head supporter facilitates various head positions.
Internal Organs: Head and Trunk
- Synthetic skull
- Cervical vertebrae
- Coxal bones
- Lungs with pulmonary vessels
- liver with portal and hepatic veins
- Urinary bladder
- Sigmoid Colon
Original Phantom Materials
- Radiology absorption and Hounsfield number approximate to human body.
Materials and features:
- Soft tissue and organs: Urethane Base Resin (SZ-50)
- Synthetic Bones: Epoxy Base Resin
- Joint attachments: Epoxy, Urethane with Carbon Fiber
- Screws: Polycarbonate